incredible adj : beyond belief or understanding; "at incredible speed"; "the book's plot is simply incredible" [syn: unbelievable] [ant: credible]
EtymologyFrom incredibilis, "that cannot be believed".
- Too implausible
to be credible;
- The e-mail she wrote was too incredible and all her friends thought it was a joke.
- Amazing; astonishing; awe-inspiring.
- He was so wrapped up in watching the incredible special effects that he couldn't keep track of the story.
- I had such an incredible slice of pizza last night last night that I simply can't think about anything else.
too implausible to be credible
Incredible could refer to:
- the incredibility
- The Incredibles, a Pixar animated movie focusing on the lives of super-heroes.
- INCredible, a record label subsidiary of Sony Music Entertainment
- Incredible (Ashanti album), an album by Ashanti
- Incredible (Mary Mary album), an album by Mary Mary
- "Incredible" (Scherrie Payne album), an r&b/pop album recorded by former Supreme Scherrie Payne for Superstar International Records in 1987.
- "Incredible," a hit song by M-Beat featuring General Levy
- "Incredible", a 2008 song by Madonna from her album Hard Candy
- "Incredible (What I Meant to Say)," a hit song by Darius Danesh
- "Incredible," a hit song by Shapeshifters
- Incredible Universe A huge electronic retail store.
a bit thick, a bit thin, absurd, amazing, antic, appalling, astonishing, astounding, awe-inspiring, awesome, beguiling, bewildering, beyond belief, bizarre, cockamamie, conspicuous, crazy, doubtable, doubtful, dubious, dubitable, egregious, enigmatic, exceptional, extraordinary, extravagant, fabulous, fanciful, fantastic, fascinating, fictitious, flimsy, foolish, formidable, grotesque, hard of belief, hard to believe, hardly possible, high-flown, humongous, implausible, impossible, improbable, incomprehensible, inconceivable, laughable, ludicrous, marked, marvelous, miraculous, monstrous, more than doubtful, mythical, nonsensical, not deserving belief, notable, noteworthy, noticeable, of mark, open to doubt, open to suspicion, outlandish, outrageous, outre, outstanding, passing belief, passing strange, phenomenal, poppycockish, preposterous, problematic, prodigious, puzzling, questionable, rare, remarkable, ridiculous, sensational, signal, staggering belief, strange, striking, stupendous, superior, suspect, suspicious, tall, thick, thin, tremendous, unaccountable, unbelievable, uncommon, unconvincing, unearthly, unexpected, ungodly, unheard-of, unimaginable, unique, unlikely, unprecedented, unpromising, unreal, unrealistic, unsubstantial, untenable, unthinkable, unworthy of belief, weak, weird, wild, wonderful, wondrous